As AAHKS continues to make great strides in membership growth, in order to best serve the arthroplasty subspecialty, we must continue to be represented in all facets of the house of medicine – including the AMA. Through our orthopaedic representation, we make the AMA a better organization. Currently AAHKS maintains our influence in the AMA through:
- A delegate and alternate in the House of Delegates
- An advisor and alternate to the Relative Value Scale Update Committee (RUC)
- An advisor and alternate to the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Editorial Panel
- Representation in the Young Physician Section (YPS)
- Representation in the Orthopaedic Caucus
These seats give AAHKS direct access to and influence on policy making, graduate medical education and physician payment issues. But to maintain these positions of influence, we must meet criteria including having 20% of our current members who are eligible for AMA membership as AMA members. We do not currently meet that threshold, but with your help we can. To activate your AMA membership today, visit ama-assn.org/go/join or call (800) 262-3211.