Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, MD has invited AAHKS to participate in a roundtable discussion with the Secretary and his senior staff to identify and discuss regulatory burdens imposed on physicians by HHS/CMS that interfere or have the potential to interfere with the physician-patient relationship.
In preparation for this meeting, we are expediting a survey of AAHKS members to hear from you as to which regulatory burdens need the most urgent attention and from which relief would be most meaningful.
- Categories for discussion suggested by the request include:
- Policies that take time away from patient care,
- Policies that encourage unnecessary consolidation,
- Policies that impose burdensome documentation and reporting requirements,
- Examples of inconsistent or unclear guidance from Medicare audit contractors, and
- Examples of policies that require following government-imposed mandates in lieu of a provider using his or her best medical judgment.
Secretary Price asked us to differentiate between two categories of solutions: Solutions that can be introduced in expedited manner and those that require regulatory changes.
Your input is critical for this to be meaningful survey that truly represents the experience of arthroplasty surgeons. Please complete the survey now!